Sunday, May 4, 2008

two feet in

it'd been a week that felt like a year.
it'd been a day where a lotta emotions were tryin' to come out.
it certainly hadn't been a glorious, romantic, fun time.
and there we were....walkin' towards yet another challenge to
be met. the emotions were thick...and heavy.
all logic said this shoulda been one of our more awful moments.
and in one way, it certainly was.
but as i watched my foot land on the driveway, right behind his,
i felt as close as any intimate moment.
and i noticed it.
i saw the color of the driveway, the cracks running thru that
color, my toes in my sandal, and the sound of his feet.
life could sure suck. but we were in it together...both feet in.
the feeling ran thru me.

going back thru it all this morning, that's what i remember most.
and that's what i'll carry with me today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good evening terri,

you are amazing and inspiring me!... i often ruminate over the hard (most times negative)stuff forgetting the better more valuable things... yes, you are so right to remember the one-ness you felt on that day.

peace to you,
~still