Thursday, June 12, 2008

loving your shame.....

had an awesome visual yesterday.

went way down to a deep level....a place
where not too many people ever entered...
and found my shame.

didn't go there looking for it. just kinda saw it
there staring at me. grumpy.

odd (or maybe not) it was in the form of a
masculine snake.

nah, that's not so odd, is it??

anyway.......
i was being guided thru this visual (my first time
for such a thing!) and was nudged to ask what it wanted.
not sure i woulda done that without being nudged.
took about all i had to figure out he was my shame.

but i thought it was a good question. so i asked.

to be loved.

i laughed.
you gotta be kiddn' me???

to be loved?!

does EVERYTHING want that???

or maybe every piece of me does.......

and so i did.
and guess what? he morphed into a little girl then.
a brilliantly beautiful little girl.

a thought occurred to me this morning.......
loving my shame doesn't mean i love what happened
to me.
it means i love me.

that might be worth retyping.......

loving your shame doesn't mean you love what
happened to you. it means you love you.

i don't know.
that seemed like a new thought to me this morning.
and it seemed like a real important little detail.

thought it was worth throwin' out there......

No comments: