Tuesday, July 1, 2008

the challenge

the challenge.......

to keep my heart open to someone as i watch
them go down a really rough path.
the rough path means i don't get to see their
light. that the light is hidden....that
the dark is on the surface......
that unless i use my heart to see, all i will
see is the darkness.
that there will be no giving back from them,
there will be no letting me know i matter, there
will be no meeting of my needs.

doesn't mean i'm a doormat.
no, that's not part of the challenge.
infact, part of the challenge is keeping my
respect for myself and doing what's right for me...
all the while keeping my heart open and knowing
there is light inside of him.

that's the challenge i'm looking at.

i pick it up this morning with fear......
and yet....knowing i have to pick it up...
not even so much for him...altho that's a huge
part of it......but the even bigger part is for
me.

No comments: