Saturday, July 5, 2008

glowing strands

this one's so big to me, i'm not even sure how to describe it....

something happened last year that shattered a belief.
at 46, i'm thinking it was probably time for that belief to go anyway...
but at 47, i'm still grieving the loss of it.

it was the idea that good could always win out. that if you loved enough,
really really gave it your all in the name of love, the good guy would win.

shattered.
gone.
i don't believe that anymore.

something happened yesterday that touched that spot in me that's
been so sore, so sensitive, so sad about all of that.

and ya know....it had to involve the same players. i think it had to.
i heard a story about the little girl that i've been hurting over so
much.

at such a young age, one of her gifts to the world has shown thru.
and it was acknowledged by someone who loves her. and she heard
it. it seemed like the little girl heard it.

now.
i know darn well this gift can get kicked into the corners of her soul,
and that she's got one heck of a road ahead of her. and good doesn't
win out just cause it's good. i know all that.
so the bottom line doesn't change.
but some of the threading lines that i've missed showed up.

and they glowed for me when i heard.

every single person carries magic in them.
and we have no idea if it will surface and be offered or not....
but the possibilities are there.

and just seeing the possibilities made me cry.

i forgot about them.
i thought all was lost.

and i have to say....there's a very good chance it is.
i have to say that.
cause i have to look at that.
but to be fair....i also have to look at those glowing strands
of possibilities.

there's magic inside that little girl.
i'm prayin' so hard she doesn't lose it forever......
that even if it goes away for awhile, that she'll find it again.

and that's the thing.......
i think we can all find the magic that's been buried in us....
thing is....it takes love to do that.

love for ourselves.

something else i learned along the way........that doesn't
always show up for people.

love.
it's essential.
and no, it doesn't always win.
but you can't win without it........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, Ter. This is so profound. I've been struggling the past year with that same realization..that good guys don't always win...and i love this idea of the golden strands of potential.

Thank you so so much.

photoholly said...

I, too can relate to your struggle. I am just beginning to see my "golden strands of potential" and wanting to be the person I was meant to be. I am fortunate to have the love of many people surrounding me, all of them encouraging me to venture on my own and be the person I've wanted to be my whole life. No, sometimes the good guys don't always win, but I'm learning that as long as I'm true to myself, I've won the battle that has raged inside me for so long. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I continue to work every day on these things...From the Inside Out...
Beautiful..thought provoking post...
Hi Terri!!