Tuesday, January 20, 2009

quite a day

i passed some guys on my walk that i'm pretty
sure were headin' for the bus downtown today for the
inauguration. it was kinda cool. you can feel
the excitement in the air.

it's gonna be quite a day.

i keep thinking of that sentence obama said...
'and they said it couldn't be done.'
(or something similar to that...)

i know *i* said it couldn't be done.
i just never thought our country could get over
the racial split and pull this off.

it's quite a day.

and that sentence is ringing thru my mind.

what is it in my own life i would do if i knew
it could be done?

my guy wrote me a heartfelt note awhile ago.
i have bits and pieces of it hanging here and
there as it really inspired me.

and he asked the question:
'if you could do something and know with absolute
certainty that you would not fail, what would it be?'

i was looking at that the other day as i cleaned.

what would it be?

and today as i watch our first black president
step up, i'm thinking maybe i really ought to give
that some serious thought.

could really add some spice to the journey.......

1 comment: