Tuesday, March 8, 2011

love stuff

i just added this book to my little book widget -
'i will not die an unlived life.'
it's one of my favorites.

it's so funny cause as i did that i saw another
dawna markova book i gotta read!!! there's just no
end to really good books.

a friend recently returned this book to me. as i flipped
thru it this morning to things i underlined, these three
passages stood out for me.....

'crisis can force us deep enough to find out who we really are
and what we truly love, and it is here, where there are no
masks, no one else's values or beliefs, that passion lives.'


'...But the awareness of how the soul's great capacity for love,
the love that had been leaking out of my life for so long
was excruciating. to know how incomplete my loving had been
was agonizing - how i had limited it with all my stories that
loving was a thing, a commodity i could 'give' or not, had earned
or not.'


'kurt wright, a consultant, said that the purpose of life 'is
to learn to love, to discover just how much of god's love
each of us can allow to flow through with no interference on our
part.'


love.
learning how to love.
sometimes i just don't know if i'll ever get it down....
you start with yourself and go on from there.
i think.

and so i am starting with myself once again today......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love stuff...
~smiling~
oh yeah...

Anonymous said...

love.
learning how to love.
sometimes i just don't know if i'll ever get it down....
you start with yourself and go on from there. i think

Learning how to love, I've always thought that I knew, as much as anything else, how to love. It might not have been the "right" kind of love as a little girl, it was just the only kind I knew. When I had my own children- I realized a kind of love that I had never experienced, the kind that says I will do anything, everything, whatever is in my power to make this person whatever they can possibly become- grow them with love, water them with self confidence, chase them with laughter and joy.

Now I'm an adult- and I know I taught my children a different kind of love than I had ever experienced. Now...it's back to me, love me, love me not, love me, love me not. Trying.

terri st. cloud said...

gosh i liked that 'love me, love me not, love me, love me not. trying.'

gosh i liked that....thanks, cathy.

gosh i like you guys.

smilin' your way ms. illuminary.