Friday, December 28, 2012

a quote

in cleaning off my desk, getting ready for the new year,
and a new calender, i lifted the old calender and smiled.

all year i had stashed notes, quotes, and cards that had
meant something to me, that had inspired me, that made
me want to be more. that reminded me of what mattered -
under my calender.

what a stash of gold to sit with.

the letters made me cry all over again.
and the quotes....gave me some much needed inspiration.

this quote stood out for me and i wanted to share it.
i liked the idea of posting it here for the weekend.

'Grace is something that comes to us when we somehow
find ourselves completely available, when we become
open hearted and open minded, and are willing to entertain
the possibility that we may not know what we think we know.
In this gap of not knowing, in the suspension of any conclusion,
a whole other element of life and reality rush in.'

(i've got that listed as a quote from the book 'falling into grace'....
went to get the author and not exactly sure. if anyone knows,
feel free to post it in the comments section. it looks like it is
probably by Adyashanti. but maybe it's andrew greeley?)


-when we're willing to entertain the possibility that we may not know
what we think we know...-
honestly, right now i don't feel like i know very much.....
think i'm ripe for some grace to land.
oh wait.
it said when we become open hearted and open minded....
oh yeah. that was part of the deal.

not just muddledness.

oh yeah.
actually, something completely different than muddledness....

oh yeah.

i may not be so ripe for grace to land.

but i'm gonna work on it ......
i'm gonna work on it.....

No comments: