Friday, May 16, 2008

birthdays!

it's my birthday today!
and yeah, i really really really like my birthday!
i get to be a little kid and no one tells me i can't!
i get shiny presents, goofy cards, and people tellin'
me they love me.

i get to laugh and clap and play and everyone goes
along with it.

i like all that.

this year there was some not so fun stuff that i got
too......

i didn't like that.
at least i didn't think i did.
and maybe 'like' is the wrong word.....

some of life's ikcy parts crept in.....and while i'm not really
fond of all that the icky brings up....
i'm thinking it is an okay thing.

and that's kinda cool......as i never woulda thought i'd
say that a few days ago.

but today i see it real clearly......and i'm thinking this is the
best gift of all.

cause i see it........the ick can't overshadow the good unless
i let it.
and when you compare the powers of the ick and the good...
how could i possibly let it??
(altho...i gotta say.....i have, unfortunately, let it.......but not today!!)

today i understand that it's part of the dance.
and the ick is okay........because it shows me just how good
the good is.

and i honestly don't think i could have gotten to this good without
the ick.

so today......on my birthday.......i'm seein that to embrace it all
is the best gift i can give myself.......
and then i can just set those little icky things down over there...
and go dance with the good!

now....which shall i wear.....my red dancing shoes or the silver
ones?
ah! one of each!!!!!!

off to go slip them on!!!!!

2 comments:

Square-Peg Karen said...

HA! Was reading the post..you asking whether to wear the red or silver dancing shoes

and i thought..oh BOTH ter...
and then read you saying the same thing! LOL

HAPPY HAPPY DAY!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! But since I know that you celebrate all month long, maybe it's not really late?

I'm sad you had ick, but thrilled that it didn't overshadow the joy.

I'm so grateful that you were born!