Wednesday, May 21, 2008

the lucky one

who's the lucky one?

a conversation with yo yo this morning made me take that
question on my walk......

really.
who IS the lucky one?
is it the one who survives or the one who leaves?
is it the one who wins or the one who loses?
is it the one who does the hurting or the one who hurts?
is it the one who gets rich or the one who 'never makes it?'

i'm thinking there is no lucky one.
there just is.

i walked and thought about it......
and noticed the morning.
my kinda morning. soft. gray but with a little blue.
the kinda morning that holds you gently and whispers
to you.

it felt so good. soothing.

and then i thought of what i had....

there's no rubble from an earthquake around me.
there's no lack of water and food.
there's on suicide bomber drivin' down my road.

and i realized......there IS a lucky one.
and it's me.

droppin' to my knees in gratitude this morning...
may it not be lost on me.

1 comment:

Merry ME said...

Amen.

Loving you blog, Ter. Keep it up!