Friday, June 6, 2008

salami anyone?

my dad was a quirky fella.
funny thing about him, he could always charm
me with his weirdness. i was never exactly sure
if he was weird or right most of the time.....

he was big into goals and how to achieve them.

'well, have you examined what your goal is?' echoes
in the back of my head quite often. which is usually
followed by a visual of him sitting at the kitchen table
explaining the 'salami technique' to me!! (um...for
those who don't know....it would be thinking of the goal
as one big salami and cutting it into small manageable
pieces until.....um....i forgot..........until you eat the whole
thing??? i actually forgot!!! but you get the idea!!)

one step at a time. one slice at a time.

but you can't do that til you HAVE a goal!!!

okay.
basic 101 stuff.

so how come i've got a 'situation' in my life that i
don't know how to handle and it took me til this morning
to realize I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE GOAL IS!!!??!!

how could that be???

well, as i walked and thought, it occurred to me that i
had certain goals at one point...fuzzy goals.
(oh, my dad loved to talk about those too!!)

and while the fuzzy goals got me to a point......i need
more specific goals now.

time to reframe, clean up, and focus a little closer.

i can't get anywhere with this until i know where it is i
want to get!!

again.....basic 101 stuff....

but it's got me thinking......
time to look at a lotta the salamis in my life.
not just this one situation.
time to reframe, clean up and focus a little closer.

sometimes i think that's the hardest part.....
once you know where you're goin' it's just one step
at a time.....uh....one slice at a time.

perfect food for thought for the weekend.

No comments: