Wednesday, July 16, 2008

yeah. okay.

oh darn if i didn't get into another one of those
conversations....one of those ones where i start to
see some really really deep stuff inside of myself
and i think 'how in the world am i ever gonna get
myself together?!'

but then this real real big determination kinda crept
over me....the 'well?! you gonna do something or just
be a victim?!' kinda thing......

yeah!
i'll do something i shout back to myself!
just watch.

and then three seconds later i just about wilt in discouragement.
what the heck am i gonna do???

grin.
grin.
grin.

i don't know what the heck i'm gonna do.
but i see some really really deep stuff inside me that isn't
right. you know......the ol' not valuable garbage sneakin'
up.
and it's not right.
and it's gotta go.

i have this best friend in the whole world, see.
he can drive me outta my mind and make me crazy like no one
else...he can also be my hero.

i looked at him tonite and told him....
i'll try really hard here.....but i sure could use some help
cause i have no idea how to work on this.

eye ball to eye ball we stared at each other....
and we nodded.
yeah, okay, we said.
and then we grinned.
and then we nodded some more.
yeah, okay, we said again.
then we nodded.
then we started laughing.

neither one of us has a clue....
but we both know i gotta.....

because you can't really live real if you don't see
your value.......

and i'm goin' for the real....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"going for the real", isn't that a lot like going for the gusto? :-)

real isn't always comfy or pretty but it sure beats the alternatives!