Thursday, September 18, 2008

mary

i have this really special friend.
we're not constant email buddies.
but the check in kind.
you know...
the 'you okay?' notes.
the notes of encouragement.
the notes that just let you know you're
not alone.

i got one of her great notes today.
someone said something fantastic to her
from her knitting lesson the other day....
.....and she quoted it for me.

ready?

'life is too short to use cheap yarn.'

then she went on to say:
'i dont know exactly what that means, but
i think it profound.'

i laughed and agreed!
i love that!
think i'm gonna hang that up in my studio!

my friend doesn't know it, but she's full of
wisdom. and her nurturing and care that she
sends helps so much.

she has a blog.
and i had lost track of it.
forgot to favorite it! jeesh.
well, it's now favorited. and i wanted to
share...you can find her here.

i just read a blog of hers where she doesn't think she's a writer.
grin.
man, do i know this one.
never thought i was.
then i think i had that thought for about six months???
i think i held it for a bit, finally.
then lost it again.
i don't seem to be able to hold this stuff either.
but when i see her write, and read that, i think....
how can she not see??
OF COURSE SHE IS!

aren't we funny?
go on over and check her out.
let her know she's a writer!

and mary......just so you know.....
you're not just a writer......you're a treasure.

2 comments:

Merry ME said...

WOW! I'm so honored. Thank you, friend. You inspire me.

Sorrow said...

Oh my god, can i tell you this so freaked me out??? I went to this blog and it is in the same style and template as a friend of mine, even the name "random thoughts"
way to erie, so I called her, no answer, but i left a message...
wow...