Tuesday, September 16, 2008

mixed up letters

i put a letter on josh's desk last nite that
i thought was a particular letter.
he handed it back to me this morning and it was
ENTIRELY a different letter than i thought it was.
i couldn't believe i had done that.
i mean, yeah i was tired and runnin' around like
an idiot and all that......
but it was TOTALLY different than what i thought it
was.
sure terri, one letter looks like another....
apparently.....
but still.....
it really hit me as odd.

i thought about it.
how i was so sure what it was??
how was it i totally made that all up in my head???

had a couple other times like this.....when i was
positive the sunglasses weren't there. knew they weren't.
looked, they weren't.
then someone comes along and finds them there.

common enough things.....but things that jolt thru me
sometimes and remind me that i make my own reality so
much more than i can possibly know.

there's only been a handful of times where these stupid
little things really jolt me.
but when they jolt....they really jolt.

it may sound crazy comin' from a misguided letter story...
but i'm absolutely positive we create what's around us.

so.
how come i don't work with that more???

No comments: