Monday, September 22, 2008

releasing the grip....

i worry about him.
too much sometimes.
i worry for loving reasons.
i worry for selfish reasons.

and i guess either one of those
is stupid.

worry doesn't do much good does it?

well, it beats the 'fix it' mode that i can get
into.....and oh man, i know that one doesn't
work. that one takes me down with him.

i tell myself to let it play out.
it's not mine.
but then i sit back and see ways i think it
will play out and i leap back into fix it mode.

wrestle.
tug.
push myself.....
back to letting go.

my cousin sent me the most fabulous quote the
other day. she didn't know who wrote it...it
was hangin' in an office...

how well did you live?
how well did you love?
how well did you learn to let go?

shoot.
that last one........man, that's killer for
me....

how perfect is that, tho?

so, i'll go take my walk and release the
grip once again.....

No comments: