Tuesday, September 30, 2008

walkin' away talkin to myself......

okay.
i knew it was bad when i walked by
my neighbor's dog and felt like i
disappointed the dog!

i am not kidding!

me and this dog are another story...
but for now...

even i had to laugh over that as i
caught myself.
ter.....really? you disappointed the
dog?!

great. i shoulda known what kinda walk
it would be from that moment right there.

i spent a good part of it beatin' myself
up about stuff in the past....
oh it was quite a walk.

as i headed back home i thought about the
difference....the joy from yesterday to the
total down on myself of this morning.

it's a choice, isn't it?
i know darn well why it's surfacing.
it's because i'm scared to go meet a bunch
of people tonite.

how stupid is this?

you have a choice, ter.....
joy or beatin' yourself up...or maybe
something else.

hey. what about calm and peace?
that'd be a nice choice.

as i walked i thought about it all being
choices. every single thing.

is it that it's so hard to live the better
choices...or is it the actual choosing that's
the hard part.

for me, i think it's the actual choosing.
i think that's where i get stuck.

if you don't choose one, there's a reason
you're choosin' the other.

what are your reasons for choosing the icky one?

personally, i enjoyed the joy much more!
i'm not sure i can just pick joy. that seems
to just come and pick me.
but! i can choose better than what i did on
my walk. i think i'm up to the task.

let me see....
i think i choose gratefulness.

i can do that one.
i can do that today.
i'm goin for that.

this other stuff.....i'm gonna go put it in
a box, bury it under the chrylser building and walk
away whistling.
(grinnin' at a friend here)

it's not a bad idea, is it?
cept i gotta walk away talkin' to myself....

i can do that.

No comments: