Monday, October 27, 2008

my sweet apes

just wasn't feelin' myself this morning.
was gonna head out for a walk.
but first, i wanted to check in with the
guys and tell them i needed a gentle kinda
day.
you gotta tell the apes that as it can get
to be testosterone overload around here.

grabbed them all and gathered them in the
hallway. told them i was headin' out to
find myself as i seemed to have disappeared.

(sometimes i wonder what it's like growin'
up here!!!)

yo smiled that gorgeous smile of his and said
'i'll come.' and he came over and wrapped an
arm around me.

man.

that felt good.

told him nope, to go do his thing, i was fine
on my own. not a problem.

no one's listening.
zakk says 'i'll come too.'

now this is big.
zakk is not your early morning walker.
it's rare.
really rare.
and for him to volunteer.......way rare.

josh figured they had me covered and was
headin' to a hot shower! grin. good choice
on his part.

so i walked with yo and zakk.
and i felt the goodness of just havin' them
care.

we laughed. we shoved a bit as we walked and
i teased them a lot.

it wasn't the introspective finding myself i
thought i would do....
it was better.
way better.

gonna soak myself in the good energy in this
house and just allow myself to be.

not a bad plan....not a bad plan at all......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like it that you have someone to take care of you like that. Yeah. That feels good.