Tuesday, November 25, 2008

that yin yangy man of mine.....

i remember the first thing i ever noticed about him.
i remember standing in my living room talking to him
and thinking 'wow, he has intense eyes.'

that was long before i fell in love with him.
or maybe that's the moment i fell.
who can tell?

driving home tonite i was thinking of his eyes.

sometimes they're so intense they scare me.
or maybe it's that they unnerve me.

somehow they remind me that i really don't have
a lot of power. that i'm really way more helpless
than i like to think....

i don't have a wand, i can't change it, i can't fix
it, and words don't do a whole lotta good.

and just like everything about our relationship,
it's that yin yangy stuff...

his eyes remind me of my limitations and keep me humble.
his eyes burn thru my limitations and make me powerful.

i saw some of his depths in his eyes tonite.
i saw some of mine.

No comments: