Monday, December 22, 2008

coutnting my blessings....

i got a comment from an old friend that made me
smile this morning. and then just as i finished
writing about my morning walk, another old friend,
from the same time period in my life, wrote and
asked if i walked this morning. he said 'if you did,
i'll give you a gold star.'

gold star, please.

i'm guessin' it's the time of year....the holidays...
seein' family and the memories and all that stuff...

i have a friend i've known since we were six years
old! she sends us one of those christmas goodie
baskets every year. and every year we open it on
christmas eve and celebrate with it.......

all that kinda stuff.....right to these notes from
these old buddies of mine.....

it definitely reminds me of what's important in life.

and it's funny.....i know i've gotten older because
it's not all just the story book friendships and
relationships.you know....the all loving, perfect
story book stuff.

there's so many twists and shades to them. some are
complicated, some are not. none are simple, all are
special.

and every single one of them mean more to me than
they'll ever know.

i'm carryin' them around with me extra close right
now. i guess cause it's christmas time....
and maybe THAT'S what christmas is all about.
it's love for sure.....i know that part....
but maybe the treasuring of that gift, the holding
and giving of that gift...
without even really trying.

maybe.

all i know is......i'm countin' my blessings
this morning......

No comments: