Tuesday, December 23, 2008

my cozy home

just as yesterday seemed to be paddlin' up hill...
hmmmmm or would that be up STREAM? ahhh such an
outdoorsy girl.....

today seems to be rollin' downhill or is that down
stream???

grin.
grin.
grin.

been playin' the christmas music, put on the christmas
table cloth, even made a goofy centerpiece for the table.
ahhhhh! it's feelin' festive around here.

i was gettin' myself a cup of tea up in my kitchen,
and just lovin' bein' there. i really really love my house.
which is kinda funny as it's older, totally drafty and
run down, everything in it is backwards, it's small,
one bathroom....nothing fancy about it...
and i love this place.

for some reason, when i make tea, i really notice my
kitchen and love it. i just get real present and feel
the painted floor, enjoy the counters and just the whole
mood of the place.

then i ran out to get the mail. and i RAN as it's cold
outside! ran back in closed the door behind me, leaned
on it and looked around. you step right into my living
room and can see right into my kitchen. and it looks so
darn cozy. decorations everywhere.

i just leaned there for a minute and smiled......

i love my home.
and it's the holidays.
and they're mine.

i've definitely had to learn how to make them mine...
and i'm still learning.....

but for now......i've got it......
and it feels wonderful.

No comments: