Thursday, January 29, 2009

grace in the oatmeal bowl....

maybe the grace wasn't in the saltwater
gargle (see post below)...altho it still
might be...
i just couldn't quite get myself to do
that yet.

but i'm thinking maybe grace was in
the oatmeal bowl.

i sat there eating my oatmeal thinking.
was tryin' to logically see how i felt.
assess it. see if i'd be ready for zakk's
birthday.

yeah. i will be.
i may fake a bit, but i mostly will be.

and that made me think about what it would
be like to ALWAYS feel 'off' and not so good.

and then i got to thinking of two people i
know of right now who are struggling with
huge health issues, of which they may not
survive.

so i sat there and tried to imagine what it
was like for them.

they felt incredibly lousy.
incredibly lousy.
pain medicine just to get thru the days.

having no idea if they'd make it out or not.

and how every single thing in their lives
has changed now.

i thought of how lucky i was to be healthy.
how lucky i was a sore throat was tilting
me off kilter.

a sore throat.

what they wouldn't give for just a simple
sore throat.

and i know this sounds weird....
but right there over my oatmeal....
i embraced my sore throat.
thanked it for being there.
for reminding me of all i had.

suddenly i wasn't bummed that i might not be
up to full speed for zakk tomorrow....
suddenly i was grateful that i would be here!
that i'd get to see my baby turn 17.

i sat there and looked at my oatmeal and
was just overwhelmed.

funny what a little perspective can do.
funny how much grace can get packed in an
oatmeal bowl....

No comments: