Tuesday, January 27, 2009

a snow woman

ohmygosh! it's snowing! our first snow of
the season!!! and it's actually really coming
down!

i woke up with a sore throat, but there was
no way i was gonna miss walkin' in our first
snow!

so i bundled up good and out i went....

i bundled too good. got hot along the way.
took off my hat to cool down. by the time i
had hit my goodmorningworld spot, i looked
like a darn snowman!

everything was so gorgeous. and extra soft.

i love that.

as i was walkin' back home a car with an
older gentleman pulled next to me. i thought
he was just being cautious because of the snow
and i moved a bit out of the way.

he rolled down his window, smiled at me and
said 'you are a remarkable woman.'

woe.
that caught my attention!
i looked over, smiled back and prolly looked
a bit confused.

he said 'you never miss a day!'

i told him i loved the snow.
he told me he admired me.
and drove off.

wow.

two things caught my attention with that.

first, that he stopped to do that.
i think it's just so important to stop and
be kind to each other. i love it when people
do that. and when they do that to me, i love
it a whole lot!!

the 'remarkable' part didn't keep my attention.
while it was fun and nice, i'm outside cause
i love to walk. he just doesn't know these
walks keep me sane!

but the second thing that caught my attention
was the 'woman' remark.

woman.

man.
why do i keep forgetting i am one?!

logically i know i am one.
but i just don't feel like anything in particular.

i walked and could vividly remember walkin' in the
snow when i was 16. walked forever. forever. i was
a frozen popsicle when i got back in. i knew i was
a teenager. i knew that.

i know i'm not a teenager any more.
it's not i'm tryin' to hide from being an adult.

it's just i can't quite wrap my head around it.

i thought of all the stuff i'd been thru....
yeah.
you're a woman, woman.

i walked past the consruction site.
two guys were cussin' up a storm about the snow.
i grinned.
i don't think they were actually cussing at the
snow. they were prolly just discussing it. i just
think that's how they discuss things.

and i looked over at them.
wonder if they know they're men???

they sure sound like boys to me.

hmmmmmm.......maybe we really just are the same
all the way thru.
oh yeah, the tweaks of not bein' allowed to break
down and screech in the grocery store and stuff like
that (altho there are times i would really like to)
you gotta 'grow up' in that sense....

but it's just a fakin' people out thing, isn't it?

kinda thinking that when i'm 98 wheelin' my wheelchair
by some youngster and they call me an old woman, i bet
i'll stop and think 'woman?! me?!'

i may just never get this down......
but that's okay.
maybe no one really does.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"oh yeah, the tweaks of not bein' allowed to break
down and screech in the grocery store and stuff like
that (altho there are times i would really like to)"


Usually at the checkout, when you get the bill.... ;-)