Monday, February 23, 2009

me and my food.....

scratchin' my mustache here and thinking of
something i'm excited about....

for a new year's resolution, i decided to clean
up my eating act. i figured it out so that it
would be something i would actually do, included
presents to myself for when i did good....
and jumped in!

well......something really cool is happening....

it turned from doing it because i had to to get
my present....to actually enjoying treating my
body right.

i've held on to a few bad habits as an escape hatch
so i didn't feel too overwhelmed.

well, i said goodbye to those habits last nite....

i listened to my friend talk about some medical
test he had and he was describing watching his
gall bladder up on the screen.

i got to thinking how amazing all our organs are.
and how much they do for us.

and i decided that my body was really really
worth taking care of.

it's not just pretty words.

i've tried those.
they never get me too far.....

i can feel this one down deep.
i WANT to do this one.

as i walked, i thought about it.....

i used to FORCE myself out on my walks.
had to make myself go.

now when i miss them, i REALLY miss them.
i won't get to take one tomorrow, and i'm
sorry about that......

it's changed.
it's not about dragging myself and making
me do it anymore. it's part of something i
enjoy.

well......that's what's happening with the food.

and i can't believe it.

i don't remember ever really feeling like this
down deep about food!

i'm pretty tickled with it.

as i sit here sipping my green tea, getting my
mustache wet, i keep thinking......ya know......
this is really really good.

i'm onto something here.......

No comments: