Monday, February 9, 2009

painting my life

and so i walked....
and my gosh, i couldn't seem to get any
quickness to my step.

wondered what that was about.
so i moved the best i could and thought
about walls and dropping walls and
expectations and control and fear.....

thought about moving thru my day with ease....

then i laughed.

sure hoped i moved thru my day better than
i was moving thru my walk!

stopped at my goodmorningworld spot and looked
at this lone little tree i keep eyeing every morning.

that tree always seems to have a mood to it.
some mornings it's positively happy, other times,
it's so way gloomy, sometimes profound, sometimes sad,
sometimes hopeful.....

i stood there and grinned at the tree.
um.
maybe it's not the tree that has those moods, huh?

and i turned and headed back.

perceptions, moods, walls, expectations......they
all color my world so strongly.

what i need to remember is it's up to me what i dip
my paint brush in every day.

i had this vague memory of my mom painting. seems
like there was a jar of something she'd dip her paint
brush in sometimes before she dipped it into the paint.

i have no idea what that was....and it's just a vague
memory.

but i like the idea.

if we get to choose what we dip our paintbrush in
every day, perhaps we ought to dip it in the ol' jar
of gratitude first. and then pick a color to put
on top of that......

doesn't seem like you can go wrong that way.....

1 comment:

Merry ME said...

Oooh-la-la! I think you're on to something. Great visual!