Saturday, March 7, 2009

a way cool moment

i don't know what it is about eyes....
but they really are the place you can hold
someone you don't even know, aren't they?

she walked by last nite. told me she had one
of my books, liked it and had thought of me
and wanted to give me something.

she handed me her cd.

i have a feeling she was just as shy as i was.
it was a really quick interaction.

and i had a feeling this was a huge gift
she was giving me.

so i looked in her eyes. really looked.
and let mine look back. and i thanked her in
her eyes.

it sounds so dopey....and if she read this i
wonder if she'd laugh and say 'um nooooo i
didn't get that at all....'
but i really really felt like two souls touched
right then.

i'm waiting for the house to be totally empty
today and for total quiet....and i'm gonna sit
back and put her music on.

i already know i'm going to love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you both understand each others courage being able to extend yourself like that.

It's very sweet and not at all dopey.