Tuesday, July 21, 2009

standing there....

it's possible to lose.

it's possible to give everything you have
and lose the fight.

good doesn't always win.

it was a couple years ago when i first really
got that lesson slammed in my face.

it's standing in my face yet again this
morning.

i won't look it in the eye yet as it's not
for sure. and i won't look it in the eye until
it is.

but it's standing there in front of me.

i lean back and question things again.

no, this isn't my pain.
altho i have pain about it. it's not mine.
it's his.

and i wonder how people survive the pain they do.
and i wonder how to help.

and i wonder about life.

1 comment:

Merry ME said...

Hey Ter,
I Googled wondering quotes and found this one: “Wondering's healthy. Broadens the mind. Opens you up to all sorts of stray thoughts and possibilities." by Charles de Lint a Celtic folk musician and storyteller.

I wonder .... is having a broad mind the same as having a big ass?

:)