Friday, October 1, 2010

a good start...

do you spose it's all in how you wake up??
yesterday i woke up with a bad dream.
this morning i woke up with an insight just before
the alarm went off.

wanna guess which morning felt better??

i really wonder......how much of my mood is affected
by that start. and how can i tweak that start a bit???

seriously. i'm gonna be experimenting with that.

no walk today.
early coffee date.
wasn't even gonna step outside.
'cept there was mail and trash to put out.

thought i'd just pop out quick.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh my gosh.
i am so so so glad i did.

it was just before light.....
with the wind blowing and the air downright crisp.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh my goodness.

i put my arms up to the sky.
what a gift this morning is.

there's a mix in me this morning...
sorrow is there. news stories got to me yesterday.
hope is there. a fuzzy insight this morning reminded me of that.
horror and fear is there...yet another news story.
belief is there...more fuzzy insights.

a few things are leaking back out of that cave of mine.
not sure what they are yet...but they're connected to energy
and our depths and it feels hopeful to me.

and something i know...we need to put out good stuff.
we need to.
good thoughts, words, deeds.

someone knew the news was making me sad.
and she sent me the prayer of saint francis.
knowing i'm not 'totally sure of god' she suggested
i 'substitute the opening with whatever higher power
i draw from.'

i was so impressed with her thoughtfulness and grace,
and respect for whatever space i was in. that alone
touched me.

and then, it's a prayer i love.
thought i'd post it here for a reminder today.
what we do matters.

thanks, bonnie.....what you did mattered a lot.


O God,
Make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith'
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is sadness, joy;
Where there is darkness, light.

Grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled, as to console;
To be understood, as to understand;
To be loved, as to love.
For it is in giving that we reveive,
It is in pardoning, that we are pardoned,
It is in dying that we are born into eternal life.

here's to making it a day filled with light...
and hope...

No comments: