Friday, May 17, 2013

what a day!

i started the day on my back porch.
just me.
thought it'd be nice to just sit with some gratitude to start my birthday.
and what a place to feel the gratitude.
it's quiet back there, and beautiful, and my very own place.
i felt so blessed. and the day hadn't even begun yet.

and then i played all day.
all day long.
it was such fun.

there was much food, including a gluten free birthday cake that
actually tasted great, games, presents, bike rides, laughter, and just being
deliciously lazy.

i don't get a lotta time for lazy. and that felt like such a treat.
everything felt like a gift.

and then at the end of the day, i found myself right back out on that porch.
this time my sons were sitting with me.
we sat and talked as it got dark around us.

it was that great lighting you get, where you can see each other,
but you can't really.
that lighting that makes everything safe and open and where it's easy to
wander into thoughts and feelings.

i didn't want it to end.
but knew i'd be feeling it in the morning if i didn't finish up.
so sitting there in the dark,
with my sons around me,
i looked out over the dark back yard and up at the sky.
and i thanked the universe for the gift of my life.

i couldn't ask for anything more.

1 comment:

Diane in AR said...

perfection. . . .and gratitude. . .