Thursday, May 15, 2008

my three oak trees

my sons are brilliant.
talkin' to yo and zakk last nite......
tellin' them about my putting stuff aside and leapin'
into love.......

yo yo looked at me nodding and said 'you're rewriting
your map.'

where'd this kid come from?

and then he and zakk proceeded to help me with a visual
to use to do just that. even zakk got on board with this
and nodded kindly as i teared up talkin' about it.

for me, visuals are one of the most powerful tools......
and i formed one with just me in it workin' away on this
new map of mine......this path i'm clearin'......

uh...excuse me.......it can't be just me in there, can it?

while i honestly believe i'm all alone on this job, and it's
up to me........
i know that the people in my life are like the trees along
the way.......some provide shade, some get the air just right,
some drop ticks on me, some trip me in their roots.....
but they're all there along the way.

and then there's the oaks........strong and steady........
that'd be my boys. giving me a place to rest all along the way.

i'm off for a walk....a real one outside....
but i'm hopin' i'll be walkin' my visual one all day......

i've got maps to make.......and some trees to hug.....

2 comments:

Sorrow said...

Your boys are amazing..
like all the best of what you want a young man to be...
only times 3.
So if your making maps
does that mean your heart is your compass?
LOL
Can I tell you it's really strange to comment here, it's almost like commenting in someone's personal journal. Which feels very wrong, and yet I want you to know that as with everything you write, it touches me deeply.

terri st. cloud said...

thanks for leavin' the note...
i know they're personal...
but i figure that's what i have to offer.....so notes like yours help
me to keep offerin'!

thanks!