Tuesday, June 24, 2008

contained no more.....

okay. so i'm sitting there with a story weaver.
yeah. how cool is that?!
she was telling me about a group story weaving
session she did with some women.
this one part just caught me and wouldn't let me go.

picture yourself in bed sleeping. and then you hear
something calling and you wake up. it's calling you.
you get up to answer the call......

she fancied that all up and went on with the story
and it was awesome.....
but that one part.....well, i couldn't shake it.

what would be calling me???

so, of course, when i went to bed that nite, i tried
it. what would be calling me??

the answer totally surprised me.
totally surprised me.
i thought it would be about my work, where i'm going
with what i do. that kinda thing.

no. it wasn't.
it was about the guy in my life.

and yeah, yeah, that sounds like a great place for jokes,
or really sentimental....but it wasn't either for me last nite.

it was weird.

and i realized something....
i've FINALLY stopped running.
yeah, i sooo want to do something meaningful with my life,
and i so want to offer anything i can to the world. i've always
thought that was first for me. and it has been ever since i've
known this guy. i didn't realize they really go hand in hand.

yesterday i was telling him that i saw how much he and i had
helped each other grow. i saw so much change in the both of us
over the years. good change. good stuff. and i really saw what
we were doin' for each other.

and i mean that.
and then this stupid calling where i heard it being about him.
jeesh.
i gotta shake my head.

i've been fighting it for years.
i knew i had love. but i have tried so hard to keep it "contained."
i didn't know that it had sunk down into my bones
and i was now ready to claim it all the way thru.

contained no more.

wow.
that's pretty darn huge stuff for me.

No comments: