Thursday, June 26, 2008

excuse me, which terri said that?!

is it safe to tell you i talk to the little terri's inside of me?
yeah. i do.
sometimes i can just feel this little girl energy inside.
it's all kinda weird to talk about cause you just sound
totally looney when you try.
so i mostly don't try unless you're my trusted buddy.

but we need that much of an intro to get this thought
out:

i figured out that when i used a certain word,
buttons from my childhood were being pressed.

i figured out that if i was tellin' someone they were
'being mean' then whatever was buggin' me was
a childhood issue.

i thought that was kinda cool. i didn't know. didn't
use the word on purpose. it just happened enough
that i noticed it.

last nite i said something else....i said:
'i don't want you to get all mad at me...'
i noticed it.
it was the little terri part of me.

i could tell just by the phrasing, the way i said it.
i was pretty caught up in the moment, so to even
have noticed was pretty awesome. but i kept on
goin' with the moment and didn't stop to reflect
on what i had noticed. until this morning.

first of all......
how awesome cool is that?!
and how awesome weird?!

i tried to tell zakk about it.
he just started laughing and shaking his head.
he said he already knew that. that he saw it
many many times. he also clued me in that when
the 'little terri' part was out i would stomp my foot.
he grinned, told me that always made him laugh,
which, he added, never helped the situation any, but
he couldn't help it.....and that he knew all this already.

well, isn't that just the weirdest thing.
do you spose that there's wording from my teenage
years, early married years, mothering years, all the
buttons have their own phrases when pushed??
is that possible???

and if there is........if you could tune in.......when something
bothered you and you heard your response.......well then,
you could figure out what buttons were being pushed from
what era of your life and work with it from that angle.

wouldn't that be wild?!

No comments: