Wednesday, July 9, 2008

are you ready??

had dinner with a new buddy last nite.
the question 'are you ready?' came up....

some things just grab me.
stop me in my tracks.
this one did.

are you ready?

what if someone came up to you ready to introduce
you to the next phase of your life? what if they
didn't tell you what it was, but asked you that???

okay.
i'm stopped.
right there.
thinking....
um.
NO!!!

grinnin' over here.
that's NOT GOOD!
i want to be ready!!!

okay, so i cut myself some slack. i looked at
the past year....that in itself has been one heck
of a journey. so i'm just feelin'like i'm recoverin'
from that. just really gettin' my feet back on land
again.
don't ask me if i'm ready for another journey!!!
i'm still restin'!!

thing is....
i'd like to be.

i'd like to be ready.
ready for the next adventure.
for the next phase.

my friend looked at me and commented that it seemed
like i had some unfinished things to take care of.
i grinned at her.
yeah, i said. and i don't want to.

and then.....i went home.
and there it was. the open door......
the open door to the unfinished business.
right there.
ya gotta wonder sometimes.
timing is everything.
i grabbed it and opened it wider.

i didn't realize until this morning,
think that was my making my announcement to the
universe...

yeah, i'm ready.

figure i'm gonna go walk thru something i don't
want to...because then i'm free to walk thru
things i do want to....then i'm ready.

what a journey...
what a ride........
are you ready???

No comments: