Saturday, July 12, 2008

flop. splat.

i'm sittin' here in a great mood, laughing....
i think i've lost my mind.

i took my life back this week, right?!
well, i had a project i was workin' on with bone sighs
that symbolized it for me.
a new product to offer.
i knew all along it was symbolic to me.
it was something that lit the fire under me.
something that seemed to hold some good possibilities for us.
something just different and new.

i really dived into it.

and well, it totally flopped.

FLOP.
FLOP.
FLOP.

well, i think.
grin.
pretty sure.
almost positive.
yeah, it did.
maybe.

BUT for some reason, it hasn't totally depressed me!

i just wrote a friend and said that it's kinda funny
that a project that symbolized me taking my life back
just flopped. that's not exactly the symbol you want,
ya know???

but i'm choosing to ignore that part!!
i like the part about it felt so good to dive into it,
to believe we can do it. that kinda thing..

i still have that feeling.
it didn't go away when we fell splat.
that's a good thing.

the part that i love about the whole story is this part:
"i'm choosing to ignore the flop part of the symbolism'

honest to pete, if i could just choose to ignore the stuff
that's not so good but doesn't matter!!!!
ohhhhh wouldn't that be awesome!!!

so even in it's flopping, this project teaches me......

flop.
splat.
i'm still happy.

man, that feels good.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i wrote last night...
on our return from vacation...
i miss my parents
i miss being loved
i miss feeling comforted
and i'm still really really happy

flop . splat . happy
doesn't get much better
well.. a little
but you know
love you
d