Friday, July 4, 2008

slippin' on my safari hat

just in my psychic phone booth (the shower)
tryin' to think about the post under this one....
the thought of embracing stuff...stuff that you don't
ever want....stuff you wish would go away....
how do you embrace it?

so i thought of holding something.
then i thought of holding this particular thing in
my life that i'm strugglin' with.

have i held it?
well.......
let me see....

i've gingerly touched it.
i've picked it up with my fingers.
there have been times i've held it in both hands
with compassion....
i find that hard because empathy takes over my body
and it's overwhelming to me.
i've picked it up analytically.
i've pushed it away.
i've yanked my hands away from it.
i've held it at arm's length and looked at it with fear.

i've done a lot of touching/holding of it.......in different ways.

but not any of it embracing.

what is embracing??

holding it with all of me.
oh man.
not sure if i can.

holding it with love.
with love????
how do you do that???

maybe holding something close, taking it in,
and allowing it to be there.

i'm tryin' to think of actually embracing someone.
what is it i'm doin' then?
i take them close to me, i hold them there. i don't rush them
out of my arms. i put my face right up touching them
and i send them love.

i haven't thought of this before.
yeah, i do that.
i put their heart against mine and i send them good feelings from
my heart.

if they're upset, i send them love.
if they're loving, i send them love.

i send them love.

how the heck do i do that with this???

i put my heart right up against it?
i hold it there?
i don't rush it out of my arms?
i allow it to be.
i send it love???

i don't think i've done any one of those things.......

and i'm not sure how to.

but i am sure that i need to explore this........

oh great.

where's my safari hat?

No comments: