Friday, July 4, 2008

embracing it?

josh stopped by my room last nite.
asked me how i was doin' 'with all that.'
not so good, i said.
he asked me if i was talkin' to anyone about it.
i got quiet.
shook my head.
there isn't much to say, i answered.

he then got on my case for locking up my feelings
and shutting things in.

ya gotta love this kid....
i told him i wasn't doin' that...

i fluffed my pillow, turned off my light, told him i
would be okay, and said goodnite...

i don't know what to do with this one except sit with it.
sleep with it. dream about it. carry it with me every day.
ignore it. stare at it.

one thing i just realized as i sit here typing....
i've been hating it.
with all my heart, i've been hating it.

that's prolly not a good thing.
loving it seems a bit out of the question....

but how about 'embracing' it....
i think that's prolly what the enlightened ones would tell me.

and ya know what???
i haven't even come near doin' that.......

hmmm........
definitely something to think about.
thank you, josh.

No comments: