Friday, July 4, 2008

tone setters

okay, how much do you really pay attention to your tone???

my kids are so in tune with my tones, that they don't give me
much of a break on them. if i'm the slightest bit edgy, they know
it and point it out. apparently when my cycle changes my voice
actually changes! i figured that out thru the kids' reactions to me.
it's the oddest thing.

but what's so cool about it, is it shows me how these small changes
in our tones can affect everything.

how about the bigger tones that knock you over with their bluntness?

how about the tones that we just start getting into habits with in
certain situations??

how about the tones that have changed entire days or evenings from
what we wanted to something entirely different???

why don't we pay more attention to them if they're so powerful???

ahhhhh......
maybe it's cause we don't want to???

hmmmmm......
maybe not quite so black and white......

maybe we want to....maybe we want things to be better....
but maybe we don't want it ENOUGH to make the effort.

so maybe what we truly want is it to be easy.
THEN we want it to be better.

yeah, prolly so.
i think i see that a lot.

so, where's that leave me?
workin'.
workin' some more.

i want to watch my tone.
thing is.......a lotta times it will be in response to another tone.
that's where the work comes in....

to try to stand up in a current that can feel overwhelming and
to turn the current around...to redirect the flow.....

yeah...redirecting flow seems like it's gonna take a lotta muscle...

but the raft ride afterwards sure will make it worth it!

No comments: