Saturday, August 23, 2008

karen

she was there for me today.
actually, she's there for me all the time.
but today....well today i trudged in a little
bit further than i ever have and talked to her
about things that are hard for me to talk about.
i didn't say it right out loud, but i'm thinking
maybe it was obvious....i needed her.

and she was right there loving me and talkin' with
me and nuturing me. she excels at that naturally
anyway...and today it felt like she out did herself.

and she so got it. i didn't have to go thru all the
explaining. she just got it. that's such a relief when
that happens.

i was never a big fan of needing people. tried real
hard not to do that. and then at one point in my life,
i learned how to lean. and i learned there's a lotta
good that comes outta leaning.

today i needed her.
today i leaned.
she reached out and held me.
i not only saw her beauty, i felt her beauty.
she took her beauty and surrounded me with it.

she made a difference in my life today.

then the oddest thing happened. she wrote me and told
me about someone who touched her at one point. and i
wrote her back and suggested she tell him. said that
it matters. that we need to let people know when they
touch our lives. that those moments are the things that
make a life successful and we need to tell people what
successes they truly are!

funny timing, huh?
it made me realize that i needed to tell her what she
did for me today...and what a success she herself truly
is!

No comments: