Thursday, August 7, 2008

takin' care of me.

so i'm not feelin' so great tonite.
physically.
and it made me stop and look.

on the phone tonite, i was asked how i was
doin'. for real.
and i heard myself say i was pretty worn out,
that i had hit exhaustion and just needed to
kinda give myself a break.

i worked during the whole phone call.
i hung up and worked harder and faster.

started noticing some physical symptoms of not
feelin' so good.....

ohhhhh yeah.
oh yeah.

me.
i'm tired.
that would mean i need to take a break.
worn out...that would mean i need to kinda be gentle
with myself.

oh yeah.

i stopped and addressed my body......
okay.
okay.
i HEAR you!

i quit working.
and i started paying attention to myself.

and the whole thing has made me smile.

there was a time i didn't hear.
hopefully there will come a time where
i don't get those messages anymore cause
i don't need them!!

all in good time.

in the meantime.......i've got a little taking
care of myself to do.

No comments: