Thursday, September 11, 2008

the moon, the pitcher and me

so i sat there thinking i should be home.
kept thinking i should be near the phone in case
they need me......
then i'd bring myself back to the present and
tell myself to enjoy the moment.

then the other team stepped up.
and the pitcher looked like the guy i'm in love with.
okay.
that did it.
another distraction.
i'd watch him and think of my guy.
i enjoyed that a lot.

our team would get up and i'd tune in to my kids
around me. i enjoyed that too.

i was bouncin' all over the place in my mind....

then i saw the moon.
oh man.
it was gorgeous.
right over us in this beautiful dark dark blue sky.
light clouds playin' around it.

everything stopped and i watched the moon for a bit.
sat there with it.
soaked it in.
felt that feelin' you get when you look at the stars
or the moon. ya know?
that small feeling that actually feels good.
that small feeling that you don't know what it's all
about but you know there's more....

i soaked that up and felt some peace.

and then the other team was up.
and up stepped their pitcher..........

grin.
i was lost again....
but this time in another world....

No comments: