Wednesday, September 24, 2008

three parts...

quiet among the silliness.
yo actually had to work.
celebration put on hold for a few hours.
all is quiet.
and what tumbled out?
three bone sighs.
or is it one?


stretching her fingers wide,
she reached out to me.
somewhere deep down she knew
she mattered.
my fingers wrapped around hers,
and pulled her back...
once again, we wander thru
the unknown side by side.


i don't want you to take care of me, she said.
and i knew she was right.
it was up to her to take care of herself.
it was up to me to give her the room
to do that.


in stepping aside and giving her space,
my hands that had been so full for
so long, emptied.
a load tumbled off my shoulders.
standing taller,
i stretched my arms,
wiggled my fingers,
picked up my music
and played my notes once again...


thinking of her on my son's birthday.
and sending her so much love and compassion...

No comments: