Sunday, October 26, 2008

fingertips

funny.
i'm workin' hard over here...and some of that work
includes some sappy stuff. sendin' some love to some
different people. how amazing that's part of the job?!

i was just writing a card to a woman who lost her son.
i've never met her....and i'm tryin' to say something
to touch her hand.

i have this goofy visual i do.
sometimes when i want to connect, i picture touching
my hands to that person. my palms. because it's with
the palms of my hands i can feel them.
when i don't know them, i figure the very best i can
do is touch my fingertips to them. and that's really good
too cause i can feel them ever so gently.

and so when i try to connect, always in my head somewhere
is a fingerip or hand visual. a feeling and a picture.

i went to sign this card and started to write 'love' and
then hesitated for a split second. then wrote it with
conviction. it is with love that i send it.

and i smiled.
i'm getting stronger in love.
in feeling it, in letting it in, in offering it freely.

sometimes i get so lost in my journey that i don't realize
there's changes happening. i always see the self doubt
and the things i kick myself for. i rarely see the progress.
today, i'm seein' some progress. and it's in love...if
i could have progress anywhere, that's where i'd pick.

feelin' ever so grateful.....

No comments: