Sunday, October 26, 2008

upside down sunflower or hippie chick zinnia?

the view out my window at my desk here is
breathtaking this morning.

the rain knocked my mexican sunflower around a bit
and now a beautiful orange flower is hanging upside
down in front of me.

my zinnias are leaning over into my view from the
other side. they're shooting right on up to the sky
tho. these flowers crack me up. i have
never seen such hippie chick odd flowers in my life.
and then there's yellow leaves all behind them.

wow.

josh just left to go on a leaf excursion. to the
mountains....i soooo want to go with him.

can't today. obligations.

i sit here and look out my window and feel a bit
like this upside down sunflower just hangin' there...

i'm not in the mood for obligations.
but my gosh, it all so ties together. i gotta do
this so i can do this so this can happen so this
can happen so i can be ready to do this.

it feels kinda like a big 'ugh' right now.
but there's a pretty big goal at the end of it all.
i want to free up some time so i can go with my
guy if he has to go move his pop into a nursing home.

yeah.
that's a big thing.
not sure yet if it's happening. everything's up
in the air. it's just a matter of time. maybe this
week, maybe later....just a matter of time. i want
to be ready so i can be there for them.

when i sit back and think of that.....and realize
how hard his pop has it right now, i think that
maybe i'd better get a grip and do what i need to
do.

no.
maybe i'd better do more than that.
i've got a day today.
i can move around freely, do what i need to,
don't need assistance, am not scared of fallin'
down, and not watchin' my last bit of independence
fade away....

i've got it great today.
i'm lookin' at those goofy hippie chick zinnias
out the window reachin' up to the sky.

think it's time for this droopy sunflower self to
transform into a zinnia. gonna reach to the sky and
make the day great.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

loud and clear. yep. thanks. xoxoxox