Friday, October 24, 2008

heaven in my pockets

i was looking down at the road. lost in thought,
i guess.

car drove by. i looked up to wave.
as i looked up i shook the hair outta my face,
over my shoulder.

me eyes followed the direction, and i saw heaven.

i stopped.

wow.

i was right at a turn into a street that i usually
walk by. it's a great street as it gives you
a good view of the sky.

and there it was. in all its splendor.
wow.
wow.

i stopped and just looked.
and then i headed down that street.
walkin' into heaven.

i saw a tiny airplane way up there in the clouds.
i could just imagine everyone reading their darn
newspapers and magazines and not seein' the sky.

'LOOK OUT THE WINDOW!!!' i screamed to them inside
my head.

then thought about it.....
the only one you can get to see is you, ter.
so.......look.

the sky mellowed out and got all pastel and soft.
and i went back in my other direction.

got to the highway and there was another spot of heaven.
right there. in the sky. it looked like a hole leading
right on up. i actually made a noise out loud when
i saw it!

turning back towards home, the sky got gray. kinda somber.
my mood did too.
and then again......
i turned yet another corner and gasp!
ANOTHER dose of heaven!

everywhere.

i thought of the edginess i left the house with.
thought of the reasons and tried to let it all go...
i don't think you can carry heaven in your pocket
when you're edgy.

and i'm thinking i was handed heaven so many times
this morning that i absolutely have to tuck it in
all my pockets!

No comments: