Thursday, October 23, 2008

her kiss

havin' a memory that matters to me....

a bone sigh was written from this moment.
and it's one that led someone to think i was
lesbian. i got a kick out of that. nope. i'm not.
but i could definitely see the thought process.

the bone sigh is called 'her kiss'
and it goes like this:

'you have taught me the strength of tenderness.'

the story to that little line was pretty powerful
to me. it was years and years ago when things were
really dark for me.

i was at a holiday gathering that claimed to be
filled with love, but it felt anything but.
it was so hard for me to get thru it, and it
hurt so badly. when along came up a special someone
and she leaned over and she kissed my cheek just
really lightly.

she saw the pain, she saw the exclusion, and she
leaned over to let me know she saw me and she cared.

that was it.

but it was so incredibly powerful that it was all i could
do not to break down in tears. she was so soft, so gentle,
and it felt to me like she broke thru some really weird
barrier...that her strength and compassion reached over the barrier
to touch me. it moved a mountain inside me that day.

you have taught me the strength of tenderness....

it made all the difference in the world to me,
and i have never forgotten the power of it.

the power of tenderness....
something that we might forget sometimes........
something i want to always remember.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The kiss....
I think I could do a whole blog entry on that. maybe I will.....
I loved this entry Terri. I've had a couple of kisses like that that stand out in my mind/heart. It's the unexpected tenderness that makes them stand out, the kiss is like a brand on our soul. What a blessing they are.....

Thanks for sharing this

xxxxxxx