Wednesday, October 15, 2008

makin magic...

two huge trains of thoughts collided on my
walk this morning and got me inspired!

for some reason, the coloring of the morning
just got me in this reminiscent mood. this
street of mine has seen a lot of my life....
and i remembered zakk in a stroller, the boys
on their bikes, and skates, and skateboards...
the silly golf cart they drove around endlessly...
and on and on the memories went.

and that kinda crazed feelin' of how fast it all
goes filled me. wow. it's such a blink of time
and bam, they're grown.

i got filled with wanting to hang on to it all...
knew i couldn't....so told myself to grab the
day. when i listen today, LISTEN. when i interact,
INTERACT, when i love, LOVE. do it all for real.
be in the moment and live that moment. then it's
yours. don't lose the day.

turning the corner my mind wandered to the conversation
i had last nite with a born again atheist....
thought of how i would describe to him what i believe in.
did i even know? and so i walked and thought of that...
the thoughts whirled all over the place...too many to
type....
but there was one that kinda just fell out at my feet.

it was the thought of how powerful we are. how we create
so much of our own reality. how our attitudes and reactions
make what our lives are....and how i really do believe there's
a flow you can get into where magic happens.

so the two trains of thought kinda collided.....
and i thought about my day. and i thought about my life.
and i thought about the power i held to create what i wanted.
my reactions, my intentions, my being in the moment...

it's up to me, isn't it?
ahem.
excuse me.
i have some magic to go make....

No comments: