Wednesday, October 15, 2008

my guy

he's too quick for me.
i can't keep up with his wit.
i was in mid sentence when he filled
in the second half with something else
and made me laugh hard....

i've never met anyone like him.
he has so many challenges that would wear
me totally out, and yet he keeps laughin'
his way thru it.

i figured out a long time ago that that's
his way of coping....make jokes.
he makes some pretty good ones too.

he managed to make me belly laugh in one of
the hardest moments of my life. that's an
accomplishment, i think. actually, he was so
totally irreverent that he stunned me and
then the humor of it was just too funny.

that's something else he is. irreverent.
and for this little fallen away catholic girl,
it can be a bit astonishing at times.

here's the catch....he's the most irreverent
reverent person i ever met. he'll make fun of
anything....and yet understand the sacredness
of if all more than many people i know.

and when i tell him that i don't know how he
does it. i don't know how he hangs in there,
he explains to me how lucky he is. he lists
to me his blessings. and he means it. he's not
just rattling them off.

one of the most memorable sentences he's ever
said to me is this:
'is it possible that we're looking for the same
thing just in totally different ways?'

that one stopped me in my tracks.

no one has ever opened me like this man....
and i'm feelin' kinda grateful for him this morning....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he sounds wonderful and like he complements you perfectly :)