Monday, October 27, 2008

mary again

i'm sposed to be workin'. but i needed a food break.
it's quiet here. just me.
thought i'd catch up on some friends' blogs to see what's
up in their lives as i ate a little dinner.

wow.
ya know, i certainly am blessed with knowing some
incredible people in my life. reading all the things
goin' on in these women's lives and their thoughts and
reflections....it just impressed me a lot.

but then i got to mary's blog.

wow.
i haven't read it in a bit.
i posted it here before....but if you haven't
been there lately....go read her last two posts!

she's a caretaker to her elderly dad....

i'm sposed to give out some kinda awards for blogs.
i got an award and i'm sposed to pass it forward.
mary's got to have one. i'm going to email it to her
for sure.

i wish i could give her a life award. a being human
award. an award for being one of the most amazing
women i know.

and the weird thing?
i don't think she knows she is.

how come people don't know?

i was wonderin' that earlier today.
talkin' to a friend who's pretty darn incredible.
and i'm thinkin he doesn't know.

i wish i could throw this huge party and invite
all the people from all over the country i know
that are incredible and don't know it.
wish i could hand out these big gaudy glittery
awards that say 'YOU ROCK, YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL
AND YOU INSPIRE ME DAILY! YOU MAKE ME WANT TO
BE ALL I CAN BE!'

that'd be kinda awesome, wouldn't it???
we'd have a delicious gorgeous vegetarian banquet.
we could all dress up all fancy and look all spiffed.
i could clunk around in high heels and try to pretend
i was used to them.....
i could tell each one how they've touched me and
how they make me better.....

for now, i'm just gonna have to point them out
when i feel moved to do so.

mary totally touched my heart tonite.
go read. and tell her she's beautiful.
she really ought to know.

i love you, mary.

3 comments:

Merry ME said...

Oh Teri,
You don't know how much this means to me. Coming from you, someone I consider one of the most beautiful people I know.

What a wonderful party idea. I'm not sure I could manage the high heels but for sure I'd splurge for a pair of patent leather Birkenstocks!

I love you too,

Sorrow said...

I read her post a week or so ago.
What do you say?
I mean really, does WOW cover it?
lol
Your friend is amazing..
and i think it's so incredible that you share her with us!
The Bonesigh groupies!

Anonymous said...

Ter..
Thank you for sharing MARY with US here who visit...Just when you think you are in the "middle of a muddle" you find someone else who finds the humor of life to get them by...So easily overlooked that humor...I for one believe that it will allow my path a happier place to be! Thanks Ter...and thanks Mary...(I did visit and left a comment!!)
And as for the Party....we can have it here on the web...Virtual party time....I will wear my pj's!! and tiara if you don't mind!!
Wishing you great love...(and thanks for sharing who you are!!)
Pattie