Monday, October 27, 2008

warmin' my soul

sometimes i tease with my ultra logical boyfriend
that we should change brains for a day.
his body actually visibly reacts to that thought.
makes me laugh just thinking of it....
his face kind winces, his eyes kinda space out
and his whole body tightens.

oh man.
it's really not that bad.
and the things that just pop in are so wonderful!

so i'm comin' down the attic steps with some bubble
wrap and i'm thinking hard...
and what pops into my head??

the book title 'the dance of the dissident daughter.'
don't you love that title???
i walked back to my studio thinkin' i was prolly
just that...the dissident daughter.
and ya know.....it felt kinda good.

have no idea why that popped in. but it did.
so i held it.

while i remember loving that book, there's only one
line i remember from it.
and it's a whopper.

'my soul is my own.'

wow.
is that a line or what?!

say it out loud.

my soul is my own.

wow.
did you do it?
i did.
i just said it out loud.
twice.

ohhhhhh........
kinda awesome.

even my ultra logical boyfriend would like that one.

think i'm just gonna hold on to that one for a bit
over here....feel it warm my hands a bit.....
and warm my soul. that soul of mine that's my own.

grin.

No comments: