Saturday, October 25, 2008

tea spittin' laughter

josh came in to the studio yesterday as i
was workin. he needed to talk about something.
i drank my tea as he talked. i was stressed,
and pretty much overdone. he knew it.
right in the middle of this serious talk,
as i was drinkin' that tea, he said something
that totally cracked me up.

i spit my tea out!

yeah.
lady like, i know.
grown up and mature, i know.

it was either that or die.

if josh can get me to spit my food or drink
out, he feels he's earned an award.
and yeah, he manages it once in a blue moon.
his whole face lights up, he claps and he laughs
real loud. it's an accomplishment he relishes.

so there i was, spittin' tea all over my desk
and laughin.

i was thinking about that this morning.

it's not like i spit food and drink out all the
time, honestly. but the ones who get me gut
laughin' are my guys.

i don't know why.
the relationship with them is just so very real.

i find myself hoping we'll have it always.
and then i think of the post on hope below.
just live in the moment ter. and enjoy what you've
got now.

think i'll go see if i can get josh to laugh
rice milk out his nose.

No comments: