Saturday, November 29, 2008

gold in my hands...

some friends stopped over the day before thanksgiving.
we were in my studio talkin' about the holiday.
and i kinda just paused and looked down. when i looked
up at them and spoke, my voice cracked.
i told them that i don't ever remember a thanksgiving
where i heard that people were thankful for me like
i have this year.

i told them about my customers and how i've got incredible
people touching my life every day....and how some of them
came thru and told me they cared.

i told them how lucky i was to be able to connect with
the people i do.

they said nice things that i immediately brushed off and
then i hugged them goodbye and wished them a good holiday.

it's so much goodness to hold that i don't know what to do
with it sometimes. but i said it out loud to them. that was
pretty big for me. i said it out loud and shared it with them
because i know it's gold. even if i don't understand it, i know
i'm holdin' gold.

i felt like i was lookin' up at them sayin' 'look, wow. where'd
this come from?! it's so pretty. and it's my hands. wow. wow.'

and then just now...i read a friend's blog, and she mentioned
me on her list of gratitude things...

and the tears came to my eyes right away.

i think so much of my life was different....i was appreciated
not for who i was...but for unhealthy reasons. i figured that
out at some point and left that life.

and now....to see this all around me.....

i don't even know what to do with it.

cry a little.
feel the gratitude flood over me.
and bow down to this love that surrounds me......

1 comment:

Merry ME said...

wrap it around you and wear it in style, let it keep you warm when your heart is feel cold or let it shine a light when your world feels dark. you've earned the love and gratitude my friend. and here's why you're so special. i have no doubt that you'll keep it all to yourself. after luxuriating in it for awhile you'll start parceling it out to people who don't have it. much like you were a few years ago. you'll know who and when and you'll just say, "here's some love that was given to me, use it and pass it on."

love you