Thursday, December 18, 2008

christmas stickers....

we've always managed to have a christmas!

sometimes it's been by the skin of my teeth,
but we did it!

but yes, i have cut back on the stupidest
things just to save a dime. and for the last
few years, i actually cut out buyin' those
pretty little stickers you put on presents
to write the person's name on...

yeah....it's like two bucks. and i wouldn't
buy them....i wrote their names in sharpie.
anything to cut corners, ya know?

well....this year, i splurged! i bought those
tags!!!! and then i proceeded to put them away
where i wouldn't lose them!!

couldn't find them anywhere......i lost them.

so i told my guy about it when we were out.
'i gotta pick up some of those tags! i want
to have those this year. just to show myself
i can afford the side things too!' they were
symbolic to me. the lean days are over. you're
okay now, ter. you can get the extra things to
make the packages pretty....you made it.
you can buy christmas tags!

he didn't even know such a thing existed.
i laughed, called him my little jewish boy
and told him i'd teach him the ins and outs
of christmas.

'ya mean, you don't just write names with
a sharpie?' he asked.

grin.

well, if ya want some class, mister, i'll
show you the way...

we went to two stores, didn't have any....

figures. he's back to sharpies.

later, on another day, i snagged some! okay!
i am all set!!! gonna use these suckers on
at least SOME of my packages!

got one on for his present.
ONE!
then i put them aside for when i wrapped later...

thought i'd wrap a few real quick inbetween
chaos here....

guess what??

i can't find a darn sticker to save my soul!
WHERE did i put them???

i'm thinking josh stole them for his student
gifts......

and i'm standin' in the middle of the room laughin.

ya gotta be kiddin me....

christmas stickers.
it's been years since i've used them.....
and i'm thinking......it'll be at least another year
added to that......

but when i actually do find them in my drawer, i'll
have quite a stash!! maybe i'll use them on birthday
presents all year!!!!!!!!


lesson in here?

perhaps i have all the extras now...and had them all
along...

who needs stickers anyway???

pass me the sharpie, please.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The best modern day invention!!
THE SHARPIE!!! Got to love that story...I can't usually find my scissors!! LOL